My Heart of Darkness.

where the thin line between illusion and reality becomes blurred by the very hand that draws it; where the search for answers lead to more questions; where you have to be broken to be built; where nothing sees miracles but misery. Welcome to my Heart of Darkness.

Friday, November 25, 2005

ok i'm feeling alot better now after a few games of quite brainless (well, not quite) Minesweeper Flags on MSN last night as well as a very satisfying one whole day of non-studying therapy today, and capped with some quite excellent claypot rice at kreta ayer food centre. . . i love that place man


i had a little argument with mom last night about (surprise surprise) exams. she told me straight to the face that i wasn't putting in enough effort because i told her i "fucked up my [elang] exam" (yes, i used those very same words). who are you to make such a deduction if i do not even see you for 5.5 days a week? what do YOU know about the effort i'm putting in? like seriously?


well it seems to me that you would never be satisfied with whatever results i get. honestly, if i had NEVER followed your advise to study at the table, have early nights etc. what in the world makes you think that i would start listening to you NOW? after it has got me all the way into *kowtows at the sound of the word* university? urgh can't you get the hint that i DO NOT like to be prodded with nonsensical questions about exams after i have taken the paper or to have to plonk my ass down on the chair in order to be an (un)willing audience to your great philosophical musings about the paper chase in s'pore. its like telling eskimos how to build igloos, what the hell do YOU know about it eh?


i was gonna blog last night, but decided against it because i felt i was still too "hot". and all the better, because i just came across this quote, which i would like to dedicate to you, mom:


Ask me to play, I'll play.
Ask me to shoot, I'll shoot.
Ask me to pass, I'll pass.
Steal. Block out.
Sacrifice. Lead. Dominate.
Anything.


But it's not what you ask of me.
It's what I want of myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home