My Heart of Darkness.

where the thin line between illusion and reality becomes blurred by the very hand that draws it; where the search for answers lead to more questions; where you have to be broken to be built; where nothing sees miracles but misery. Welcome to my Heart of Darkness.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

i am at the Central Library level 6 now. i think its highly ironic for it to be called a library because it seems pretty much like a circus to me. let me look around.


my friend (hi val, hope you're reading this hee) is sitting at my 10 o' clock, she's from NTU and she's supposed to be studying for her exams next week, but she's here and i haven't seen her flipping a single page for quite a while. Then there's this clown benjamin goh going around making people laugh. A couple of rows back, i see this dude playing FM 2006 (i want!) on his laptop and deciding whether to buy Vincent Kompany (he should). There's this mystery indian gal that suddenly sat beside me, took out her econs notes and started studying, i would have actually been impressed by her studiousness had she not decided to sleep for 5 min after every 10 minutes of studying. a couple of hours back i also recall seeing a particularly amorous couple who seems to be more intent at studying everything about the other person rather than the books in front of them.


which brings me to my friend xing jian, who's curled himself up into a little fur ball while scrutinising his sociology notes. i'm concerned at how studious he SEEMS to be, its getting so deceptive i almost think its real. so i put him to the test:


Me:"eh e library's a bloody circus"
XJ: "yeah lor"
Me: "this type of thing, you cannot resist one. resistance is futile"
XJ: *middle finger*


ah i knew it. i have successfully seen through his smoke screen. another pretentious mugger-wannabe unmasked. ok this is funny, he just came to borrow slippers from me to go to the toilet


xingjian if you're reading this don't kill me yea? this is just my form of revenge for u asking me to lug my heavy Nokia phone charger all the way to the library yesterday, only to realise that u found another one. what goes around comes around lah boy =) study hard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home