My Heart of Darkness.

where the thin line between illusion and reality becomes blurred by the very hand that draws it; where the search for answers lead to more questions; where you have to be broken to be built; where nothing sees miracles but misery. Welcome to my Heart of Darkness.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

its finally over. out of sight, out of mind (till May 27, that is)

5 exams in 4 days (a quick and painless death indeed. ok wait i'm not sure about the "painless" bit.)
5 term papers
5 response papers
3 quizzes
2 presentations
2 mid term tests
countless sleepless nights

but what do these numbers mean? what did this semester mean to me? as i locked my PGP room for the very last time today, i've put to a close another chapter of my life - my first year in uni. before i closed my eyes to a deep slumber last night, the many memories came back in a flood. everything this semester has been such a blast

- DOTA sessions that culminated in the 9-person game we had just before the exams
- getting myself "a little too high" at jae's party (yes i'm sure everyone would attest that was fucking memorable, right leonard?)
- mambo nights and going for military history lecture on thurs morning sleep-deprived and probably semi-sober too (thanks mark for all the notes!!)
- many many extremely late dinners at fongseng and walking back to PGP extremely later, huffing and puffing up the bizad slope (yes i can no longer run my 2.4km under 10 min)
- sitting at the back and making a fuck-load of noise during elang lects with xing jian, leo, ben goh. . . (oh, and bitching about a certain LBL too . . . )
- those parties at my room where some motherfucker threw a bottle to shut us up, learning to make lychee martinis, and making extremely toxic graveyards that smelt suspiciously like the SAF detergent. (oh, and making chun xing drunk through daidee)
- playing PS2 in leonard's room (leo: "ehhh i realllllllyyy have to study lahhhh", me: "fuck it lahhhh")
- THAT bday party for leonard (leo where are the videos? caihui, nurheda, alex and myself all want them heh... you KNNBCCB i fucking wash your bedsheet at 4am, despite 9am got soci midterm)
- "studying" at the "study room" with jae, lynn, aileen, sh, vic, junwen, kent, leo. (we all know what the inverted commas are for, right? heh heh)

i'm saving the best for last. . .
- HCAP (both the preparation and the event itself) from the 3-hr long phone arguments and meetings, to trips to Pulau Ubin, Night Safari, Quality Hotel and erm. . . Alien spaceships. . .
- Harvard experience (never mind i got 0 for my EL quiz and a C for my term paper because of it, watching wenqi walk into parking meters and a barefooted qingru in search of her shoes at an outdoor ice-skating ring more than made up for the bad grades.)
- and of course. . . meeting a very special someone whom i can treat "more like a rugby ball than a porcelain tea set". would you beg to differ on that, qingru?

qingru you were right. what's important is not about my fear in losing these memories, but rather them having occured in the first place, and made my life that much more bearable in the process.

i will end off with a lynnette's quote from lynnette's blog. . . "It was a brilliant sem, a brilliant past year, and I wish we could all stay this protected forever." thanks for the memories everyone.

(this is a really long entry)

P.S.: if you feel that you've provided me with some memories to be cherished but i've failed to acknowlege your contribution, contact me. i will evaluate your claim and if necessary, dedicate my next blog entry to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home